Your Belongings and Mold Damage
Effectively Restoring Mold-Damaged Contents
It does not take long for mold situations in your Clearwater residence to get out of your control. Not only can this be disastrous for the affecting hosting materials used to construct your house, but it also impacts contents and personal belongings that can support colonies. Before much of the needed remediation gets underway, our SERVPRO team inspects the contents of bay area homes to determine if impacted elements are salvageable or require disposal.
- What contents and personal belongings are most at risk for mold development?
- Can your clothing and upholstery be cleaned after spotting develops?
- If mold exists in your carpet, will deep cleaning still work?
Of course, you are not expected to have the answers to these questions. These are examples of the kind of expertise and extensive training our SERVPRO AMRT-Certified technicians receive to complete remediation for homes as well as larger commercial structures like Baycare Ballpark or Clearwater Mall. We are ready to help.
Can DIY Approaches Work as Well?
Many property owners believe that DIY mold removal approaches are effective and cannot determine why they continually battle mold and microbial growth. While working fast on mold growth is wise, professional remediation is more efficient. Our remediation professionals address the presence of active colonies and the underlying factors contributing to the dampness. Because we understand the urgency of prompt mold removal practices, we have remediators ready to help 24/7.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (727) 614-0099
SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water and mold damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When the restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water and mold, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water and mold damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most