Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Can Mold Be Avoided in Clearwater Properties?
Many people already know what kind of damage mold can do, not to mention that it can cause health effects. As much as many coastal homes throughout Clearwater Beach and Pinellas County work to avoid this, certain circumstances make this a challenge. The Tampa Bay area battles higher humidity and moisture concerns, which can substantially contribute to the development of mold colonies and microbial damages.
Higher humidity conditions present the needed requirements for mold development. The best tip that our experienced team can provide helpful homeowners is to work continually to prevent environmental conditions in the household that facilitate microbial organisms seating and spreading. The best mold remediation and removal methods come with the experience and training of our heavily educated roster. We can be a decisive blow against active colonies with our cutting-edge and industry-leading equipment. Homeowners are unable to help, though.
How Can You Help Before SERVPRO Arrives?
- You are often the first line of defense for discovering active colonization
- Property management can make the necessary calls to secure professional remediation
- Clear out occupants or contents from damaged areas when possible
- Work to dry out moist areas
After discovering active colonies, the best solution for homeowners is to avoid these areas. We have a rapidly responding team of AMRT-Certified professionals capable of addressing the impact of microbial growth and with a general contractor license to repair any structural damage that resulted.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (727) 614-0099
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach proudly serves Clearwater, Clearwater Beach, and surrounding areas.