“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
The Truth About Mold Remediation
It might be easy to throw out terms like mold removal and leave you convinced that all spores in your home will be eradicated with our thorough practices. We are not in the business of misleading customers, so we like to clarify what mold remediation actually is, so you are not confused when you require our certified professionals to help in your home. Because so many homes and businesses throughout Pinellas County combat mold development, it is important to approach the situation clearly and honestly.
Can Mold Spores Be Fully Removed?
Active mold colonies can be very destructive to the hosting colonies impacted. Whether this is the home of any of our thousands of residents to larger commercial properties like Clearwater Christian College or The Long Center, mold spores exist naturally in almost every environment. It is only when moist conditions exist that these microbes become a threat. Removal of all spores is impossible, as this would be outrageous in cost and unnecessary without catalyst conditions.
What Does Remediation Mean?
Remediation describes the combination of actions used to address and remove active colonies and organisms within the house. These actions vary considerably from surface treatments with sporicidal products to controlled demolition. It is also vital to thwart the spread of harmful microbial threats, including the hazardous aspects of colonization. We work fast to help using:
- Drying equipment
- Antimicrobial products
- Air scrubbers
- Decontamination products
- Physical containment
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (727) 614-0099
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (727) 614-0099
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Clearwater South / Clearwater Beach is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve Clearwater, FL, Clearwater Beach, FL, and surrounding areas.